Buying new construction is a different process than buying your typical pre-built home. Here are 10 questions to ask when buying a new construction home:
1. Is the cost of the lot included?
2. How long will it take to build my home?
3. What warranties are provided with the home?
4. Do I get to choose the finishes in my home?
5. May I purchase my own appliances and/or materials?
6. Will the builder pay for my closings costs?
7. What landscaping will be included in the purchase price?
8. Does the contract include a cost escalation clause?
9. Does my neighborhood have a homeowner association?
10. Will I need a construction loan or will the builder carry the loan until completed?
If you are thinking about buying a new construction home, make sure you cover all of your bases by asking the right questions. Don’t forget to call your favorite Jonesboro Select agent to assist you through the process.